Nov 30, 2022
We are so excited for this special episode that addresses our listeners' questions. All of you have been writing to us, and we've got a long list of questions. We'll get through some today and save some for a second show toward the end of Season 3. You all know our season has been about community and the community of Cancering, and we couldn't think of a better way to respond to our community than by answering your questions directly so that you can understand, prevent, and fight cancer. Plus, our mission is to help all those who are Cancering in the best way possible, with the longest life and the highest quality of life. Enjoy this Part 1 of our Listener Questions episode.
Questions Dr. JYP Covers:
1. Does sunscreen really work?
2. Why not have full-body scans for early cancer detection?
3. How does cancer make you lose your hair?
4. Are there specific foods I should avoid during chemotherapy?
5. Given the HPV vaccine, are there other vaccines that protect against other cancers?
6. Other than smoking and eating healthy, what should I do to avoid "random" cancers?
7. Will a plant-based diet help prevent cancer?
8. What is cancer screening?
9. When should I be worried about a cyst?
10. Dr. JYP, how do you cope personally with being a cancer doctor?
Never Miss an Episode
Please subscribe to The Cancering Show
Want us to deliver The Cancering Show to your email inbox?
Let us know by contacting Dr. JYP at cancering.com.
Thanks for listening to The Cancering Show, brought to you by USA Health Mitchell Cancer Institute.
Please subscribe, rate and review The Cancering Show wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
USA Health Mitchell Cancer Institute
The Cancering Show is brought to you by USA Health Mitchell Cancer Institute. MCI is a cutting-edge cancer research and treatment center built to fight cancer smarter in Mobile and Baldwin counties in Alabama. Our researchers and clinicians focus daily on the struggle against cancer, serving a potential catchment population of more than 4.1 million people, with a singular focus of advancing cancer diagnosis, treatment, and prevention throughout the Gulf Coast and beyond with science, technology and hope.
Mitchell Cancer Institute is a member of USA Health.
To learn more about all of USA Health hospitals, clinics and services, visit usahealthsystem.com.